Director of software engineering / Lead software product architect
ProbiusDx is an early stage startup bringing a new approach to the bioanalytical and life science instruments market by digitally fingerprinting complex samples, leveraging the intrinsic vibrational and electronic sub structure of constituent molecules. We accelerate therapy discovery in pharma R&D by providing a solution for rapid and parallelized molecular analysis of complex biological specimens. Unlike traditional assays, our instrument enables the multiplexed detection and quantitation of proteins, small molecules and cellular species in quasi-real time at point of sampling, with only 10uL of specimen and without prior sample preparation. The differentiation of our approach that combines nanotechnology and advanced electronics with backend machine learning is also evident in other testing applications, such as food safety, authenticity, and clinical diagnostics.
At ProbiusDx, we enable our customers with solutions for their most challenging bioanalysis problems and we strive to extend the boundaries of what’s possible. We foster the spirit of innovation by promoting responsible risk taking, open-mindedness, scientific excellence and integrity, open communication and accountability as individuals and as a team. We are nimble, gritty, and unafraid to explore outside our comfort zone, and motivated to enable human wellness through deep technology and scientific discoveries, while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
As director of software engineering preferably located in the SF Bay Area, your role is to lead the definition, implementation and deployment of our software solution which is a key element of our biomolecular testing platform as a service (PaaS). The software solution encompasses data acquisition, cloud based computing and customer interface for bioanalytical assay development and delivery. You work closely with the company management as well as the product application and marketing teams to deliver the suite of cloud-based software tools defined by internal R&D and customer requirements.Your responsibilities involve:
- Software platform and product definition/feasibility assessment
- Defining implementation approach and development roadmap, including translating business ideas into user stories
- Operational management for a multi-location, multi-product team doing software development, DevOps, Cloud SaaS based infrastructure and customer facing corporate IT
- Support the optimization and deployment of end-to-end data analytics algorithms, including customer facing visualization tools
- Responsibility for engineering standards and quality (including Software Quality Assurance, Data Security practices, policies, procedures and best practices)
- 10+ years of experience in senior engineering management role building software products at scale, preferably in an Agile Scrum environment, and preferably in the life sciences and/or healthcare space.
- Demonstrated core competency in management of software product development and deployment with beta-customers, including working with Cloud providers/infrastructure (AWS, Azure, ...), database technologies, and orchestration/configuration management tools in CI/CD frameworks.
- Technical knowledge in scalable distributed systems, data infrastructure, machine learning, cloud platforms, virtualization technologies, DevOps.
- Passion for cutting edge, deep technologies and early stage product development.
- Experience working with various Source Code control systems, scripting languages/frameworks for build automation.
- Experience working with regression suites and automation scripts for validation.
- Exposure to data security, management and practices. Familiarity with data security best practices specific to the life sciences and healthcare space is a plus.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience in software development for bioanalytical applications and IoT hardware framework is considered a plus.
- Education: M.Sc or higher degree in computer science, or related engineering disciplines. Relevant experience may offset degree requirement.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Director of software engineering / Lead software product architect”.